The 2018 Fish For a Cure charity fishing tournament was held November 3 in choppy and windy conditions (blowing 20 mph at Thomas Point with gusts up to 34mph!). 80 boats participated and collectively raised more than $500,000 in the Paul C. Dettor Captain's Challenge! That money will support cancer survivorship programs at the Geaton and JoAnn Decesaris Cancer Institute at Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC). Team FishTalk/PropTalk ended up 14th in the Captain's Challenge, having met our goal of raising $10,000! THANK YOU to everyone who made donations to our team. In the fishing category, our team placed second in the perch division.
Standby for photos for the winners.
Captain's Challenge Top Fundraisers
- Reel Hunter, Captain Kyle Eugenio: $63,950
- Alternating Currents - Heller Electric, Captain Brian Heller: $60,110.25
- Just in Time, Captain Rob Schurr: $50,769.80
- LaxFish, Captain Peter Hill: $32,819
- Blue Jay - The Eighty Niners, Captain Gregory Lilly: $29.487
- Alternating Currents - Heller Electric: 17.69 lbs.
- Team CSF: 11.66 lbs.
- Team CSF: 10.75 lbs.
- Team CSF: 10.53 lbs.
- Team CSF: 10.35 lbs.
- Chesapeake Whalertowne: 9.85 lbs.
- EastBound: 8.06 lbs.
- Outnumbered: 5.97 lbs.
- Just in Time: 5.67 lbs.
- Susan's Boys/Fightin Fishin: 4.91 lbs.
- Leigh Family Dentistry: 5.440 lbs.
- Team FishTalk/PropTalk: 4.650 lbs.
- MISS CLEO: 4.500 lbs.
- Susan's Boys/Fightin Fishin: 4.040 lbs.
- Leigh Family Dentistry: 19.620 lbs.
Catch and Relase
- CCA Maryland: 65 inches
- Ron Buffington: 43.38 in. (2 fish)
- Jaime Buffington: 21.62 in. (1 fish)
- Striekzone: 64.38 inches
- Eric Milton: 64.38 in. (3 fish)
- Fish are Friends: 63.13 inches
- Kevin Patane: 21.5 in. (1 fish)
- Chase Savage: 41.63 in. (2 fish)