It’s that time of year again—time to send in your submissions for our annual boat dog cover contest!
Here’s How it Works:
- Submit a photo of your boat dog by June 25. Your dog must be pictured on a boat or near the water. Also keep in mind that we are a powerboating magazine (paddlecraft also welcome). If you would like to submit a sailing dog photo, visit our sister publication's cover contest at spinsheet.com/2021-cover-contest.
- Vertical photos work best, with room for our header and cover lines.
- Only high-resolution (i.e. not blurry) photos will be considered for the cover.
- We love images of happy boaters, so don’t hesitate to send a photo with a dog and a person in it. If that person is a child, make sure he or she is wearing a lifejacket (properly), or we won’t consider it for the cover.
- Once the submission period has ended, our graphic design team will disqualify any photos that do not meet our printing requirements (any images that are too low of a resolution, are blurry or too dark, if a child was pictured without a lifejacket, and if there was not enough room in the image for our PropTalk header, footer, and cover lines). We will then let you vote for the winning cover!
- Voting runs Monday, June 28 through Monday, July 5.
- You may only vote once, so make sure to share the contest with friends and family and share it on your social media to get more votes for your dog.
- All photos will be eligible for voting, except those that do not meet our guidelines and/or printing requirements above. Our graphic design team will have to eliminate any photos that are too low of a resolution, are blurry or too dark, if a child was pictured without a lifejacket, and if there was not enough room in the image for our PropTalk header, footer, and cover lines.
- At the close of voting, the dog with the most votes will grace PropTalk's August cover.
You can also submit photos anytime for PropTalk's monthly boat dog feature to [email protected].